|SLOs – All Balabit Products|
|Support Service Level||Severity||Initial Response||Status Update Frequency(1)|
Support availability (BOSS/Phone)
5×8 (Mon-Fri, 9-17 CET)
|S1||Next business day||Once per day (business day only).|
|S2||2 business days||Once per week|
|S3||1 week||Once per month|
Support availability (BOSS/Phone)
5×12 (Mon-Fri, 8-20 CET)
|S1||4 hours (during Extended Business Hours)||Every 4 hours (during Extended Business Hours)|
|S2||Next business day||Once per week|
|S3||2 business days||Once per month|
Support availability (for S1 cases reported via BOSS/Phone)
7×24 (Mon-Sun, 0-24 CET)
|S1 (2)||2 hours||Every 2 hours|
|S2||Next business day||Once per day (business day only)|
|S3||Next business day||Once per week|
(1) Only applies when there are active tasks on Balabit Support (ie. ticket status is notset as’Waiting for Response’ or ‘Blocked’ in BOSS). Alternative status update frequency may be set based on mutual agreement with the Partner.
(2) On Partner’s request Balabit will provide a post mortem review (Root Cause Analysis) of Severity 1 problem events experienced with a Balabit product.
|Maximum Engineer Hours of non-charged engineer hours per month (3)||Warranted replacement for Balabit Hardware (4)|
|ExtendedSU||8||2 business days|
|PrivilegedSU||12||Next business day|
In case the support efforts to meet the Partner requests exceed the above numbers the Partner will be charged for the additional hours. This does not apply for work effort related to Vendor Related Issues.
Additional fee for engineer hours exceeding the monthly limit (specified above): 100 EUR (net amount per hour, invoiced separately when occurred).
All support packages include software subscription (as long as Support Service Agreement is in effect).
(3) Engineer hours not utilized in a given month cannot be aggregated nor transferred to another month
(4) Availability of warranted replacement for Balabit Hardware varies by customer location. Replacement process starts when Balabit Supports declares the cause of the problem to be hardware related. Precondition for ‘Next business day’ replacement is to initiate the replacement process on a business day before 12:00 PM (noon) customer local time.
In case the support efforts to meet the Partner requests exceed the above numbers the Partner will be charged for the additional hours. This does not apply for work effort related to VRIs.
Business Day: working day in Hungary. The actual list of respected international bank holidays is published at https://support.balabit.com in the News section.
Business Hours: from 08:00 to 17:00 (CET/CEST) on the Business Days.
Extended Business Hours: from 08:00 to 20:00 (CET/CEST) on Business Days.
Product support for the different Privileged Session Management (Shell Control Box) versions are provided according to the following table. To understand the difference among various releases, see the version policy.
|Product Version||Release Type||State||Release date||Supported at least until|
Privileged Session Management SCB 5 F5
|Feature||Supported||26th Feb, 2018||26th Aug, 2018|
Privileged Session Management SCB 5 F4
|Feature||Supported||8th Dec, 2017||8th June, 2018|
Privileged Session Management SCB 5 F3
|Feature||Supported||22nd Sep, 2017||22nd March, 2018|
|Shell Control Box 5 LTS||Long Term Supported||Supported||20th April, 2017||20th April, 2020|
|Shell Control Box 4 LTS||Long Term Supported||Supported||25th Jun, 2015||20th April, 2018|
|Desktop Player 1.4.17||Floating||Supported||13th Dec, 2017||the next BDP release date|
|Audit Player 2016.2||Floating||Supported||19th Dec, 2016||20th April, 2018|
With 2017 now done and dusted, it’s time to think ...
Like many years before it, 2017 has seen a large ...
This is a guest post by Adrian Asher, CISO at London ...
“The [Balabit] solution’s strongest points are the privileged session management, recording and search, and applying policy filters to apps and commands typed by administrators on monitored sessions.”
– The Forrester Wave, Privileged Identity Management, Q3 2016, by Andras Cser