Product features and benefits
SCB acts as an application level proxy gateway. The transferred connections and traffic are inspected on the application level (Layer 7 in the OSI model), rejecting all traffic violating the protocol – an effective shield against attacks. This high-level understanding of the traffic gives control over the various features of the protocols, like authentication and encryption methods used in SSH connections, or channels permitted in RDP traffic.
- Support for SSH, RDP, HTTP(s), Citrix ICA, Telnet, TN3270, VNC, X11 and VMware View protocols
- Control protocol specific channels, such as terminal sessions, disk-mapping or file sharing
- Audit SCP, SFTP and HTTP(s) based file transfers
- Detailed access control based on time and user group policies
SCB can enforce the use of two-factor authentication methods and also verify the public key of the users. SCB has a built-in capability to verify the SSH host keys and certificates identifying the servers, preventing man-in-the-middle attacks and other threats. This authentication is completely independent from the authentication that the user performs on the remote server. To avoid accidental misconfiguration and other human errors, SCB supports the 4-eyes authorization principle as well.
- Gateway authentication
- Integration with central authentication databases (for example, Microsoft AD, LDAP or RADIUS)
- User-mapping policies – describe who can use a shared user (e.g. "root") to access the remote server
- Password vaulting – use the built-in Credential Store, or integrate with a third-party password management system
- Server-side auto-login with SCB impersonating the authenticated user on the server
- "4 eyes" authorization – the authorizer can allow, track, and even terminate the administrator’s access to the server
SCB operates transparently and extracts information directly from the communication of the client and the server, providing reliable, easy-to-access metadata and content. SCB records all sessions into searchable audit trails, making it easy to find relevant information in forensics or troubleshooting situations. Audit trails can be browsed online, or followed real-time to monitor the activities of the privileged users. The Audit Player application replays the recorded sessions just like a movie – all actions of the administrators can be seen exactly as they appeared on their monitors. The Audit Player enables fast forwarding during replays, searching for events (for example, mouse clicks, pressing Enter) and text seen by the user.
- Complete documentation about ALL remote system accesses
- Tamper-proof (encrypted, signed and time-stamped) audit trails
- Movie-like playback of recorded sessions
- Fast, free-text search in sessions
- Custom activity reports
SCB can monitor traffic in real time, and execute various actions if a certain, predefined pattern appears in the command line or on the screen. In the case of detecting a suspicious user action (e.g. a destructive command or an unwanted windows application), SCB can perform the following measures:
- Send an e-mail or SNMP alerts about the event
- Immediately terminate the connection
- Log the event in the system logs
- Store the event in the connection database of SCB
SCB is configured from a clean, intuitive web interface. The roles of each SCB administrator can be clearly defined using a set of privileges – management of SCB as a host, management of connections to servers, viewing audit trails and reports, and so on.
- Granular access control to SCB GUI
- User-friendly, web-based search interface
To ensure integration into your network infrastructure is seamless, SCB is available both as a physical or virtual appliance and supports different operation modes. These modes include router and bastion host modes. To simplify integration with firewalled environments, SCB supports both source and destination address translation (SNAT and DNAT).
- Independent network appliance, agentless design
- Multiple operation modes
- Fast deployment (3-5 days) and low OPEX
- High Availability option
- Robust hardware configurations
- VMware & MS Hyper-V virtual appliance option